Sat 10 Oct 2015: RIPPLES IN RIPLEY (5miles)
A very scenic walk as we head across Ripley Green to the River Wey Navigation. We will see canal boats locks and weirs along the route. We cross a golf course and pass Ockham Mill before returning to the start point. Free sandwiches and tea / coffee is available for all walkers in the village hall afterwards.
Sandwiches, tea and coffee at the village hall
Start Time: 11:00 am
Grid Ref: TQ050566
Nearest Post Code: GU23 6AF
Ripley Village Hall High Street Ripley Surrey
Distance and Terrain:
5 miles. Very Flat
Please take a few moments to read these important notes.
- Non-members are welcome to attend up to three SAWW walks before joining The Ramblers.
- There is no need to book in advance. Just turn up.
- If, exceptionally, a walk has to be cancelled or altered, this programme will be adjusted.
- Post codes are provided to assist with using SatNavs to reach the start point of the walk but are not always exact. The grid reference marks the exact start point, so please allow for this when planning your route and aim to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the stated departure time.
- Additional Useful information can be found in the New Walker Checklist